Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Products I have grown to love!



When your diagnosed with any disease or condition, it may become necessary to change the daily products you use daily, such as beauty products ranging from hair to skincare and even your makeup. I noticed that when I started taking tamoxifen within a month I noticed my skin started turning red every time I used the cleanser and creams I was using. So I turned to organic products. Now some might shake their heads that these are not as effective as your non-organic products. Not so, in fact they are even better. I did my research and for me I found that Burt's Bees was the best for me. I already used their beeswax lip balm, in fact there is not a floor in my house or handbag that does not have a Burts Beeswax Lip Balm in it. My husband used to laugh at me, but now I have him hooked on it.

Since I have dry skin, I bought the Burt's Bees Cream Cleanser which has chamomile and echinacea to calm the skin. This has been my life saver with taking off my makeup or just using it alone! My skin feels refreshed and soft every time I wash my face. I follow it up with the Peach and Willow Bark Deep Pore Scrub using it only 2 times a week. I would like to try the Citrus Facial Scrub but Target never seems to have it in stock. I then use the Rosewater and Glycerin Toner which feels oh so good, that sometimes I want to pore it all over myself! I then use the Radiance Serum which is royal jelly based, only three drops required, trust me that is more than enough! After the serum, I apply the Radiance Eye Cream which diminishes my under eye wrinkles and dark circles. For morning I use the Radiance Day Cream and the Radiance Night Cream at night. My skin has never looked better, sure I get acne now and again but who doesn't get a pimple?

For my hair, yes even my hair seemed to be dryer after being on tamoxifen. I began reading about shampoos and conditions that contained Sodium lauryl sulfate and/or Sodium laureth sulfate which can dry out your hair even further and make your haircolor fade if you color it even faster. So I turned to an old favorite of mine, called MOP (Modern Organic Products) and Loreal Sulfate-Free Haircare. Since I decided to change to these products my hair has never looked better, it's shinier, healthier and lays so much better I barely have to do much to it.

As for my body lotion, I do use Aveeno Body Lotion. It is oatmeal based makes my dry skin feel baby soft. My husband even uses it and will no longer use anything else!

For my deodorant, yes deodorant, since I had my left lymph nodes removed, my implants and being on tamoxifen which puts your body into menopause, I sweat more! So I use Secret Clinical Deodorant and Dove Clinical which I think the Dove is much better smelling. I have also tried a deodorant I found at GNC where I get my Multi-Vitamins and although it is chemical free, it does not appear to work as well as the others. Now a friend who had a much higher stage of cancer than I, swears by Tom's Cucumber Deodorant which I have yet to try.

As for my nailcare, I really do not do much to them but file them. Only because they break easy and I type 8 hours a day for living, so to have to worry about polish, etc.. I do not.

Tomorrow: The Latest Breast Cancer News

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends Erika, has found a new and exciting organic line http://www.avaandersonnontoxic.com/erikag Check it and if you have used it, please let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete