Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Minor Surgeries



After having the big surgery one might think that the minor ones were no big deal or did not hurt as much. Unfortunately, I wish I could say that was true. When I had my gummy implants in, I was understandably sore but having asymmetry of the nipples done has hurt. I was talking to the nurse as to why, she couldn't explain it, my guess is because the skin is being stretched in the opposite direction. After having two done, my arms and body feel like they have been moved in directions they are not supposed to be moved. Thank goodness for Vicodin though, I will tell you the pain killers help immensely! It is not enough that I cannot even have a drink to take the pain away but to sit feeling like I just did an episode of the Amazing Race is not fun. Thankfully this was my last one I am not sure I could take much more physically and mentally. I do not mean to be a downer or scare anyone I am just telling the truth. If anyone had told me this was how I was going to feel before hand, I would have been better prepared. This past surgery I went through 5 liters of ginger ale and 5 packages of ramen noodles. Now I am sure some of you are shaking your heads going ramen noodles why? Well it seems to be the only thing I hold down after I have surgery, why I do not know. Sure I know it's salty and not good for you, but it's the only food I can stomach after surgery. Plus the Vernors ginger ale rocks, my husband had to cut me off after going through 5 liters in two days. I had to explain it was the probably the only beverage that made my stomach feel better. Then I advised him that if he should try going through this and let's see how he feels! That didn't go over to well, but he understood my point of view.

Now I have to wait 3 weeks before doing any strenuous activity which stinks on all levels because now I have to leave the housework up to my husband. Do not get me wrong my husband has been a tremendous support and help. I could not have asked for a better husband, he rocks! It's just we all know how men panic when they have more than one thing to do!

So now that I have no more surgeries left, hopefully well that's what I told my surgeon, I begin to worry about other things in my life. I'm a fighter and fighter's win.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment